Lentil and pumpkin soup with anti-inflammatory spices
A wonderfully tasty and nutritious lentil and pumpkin soup with anti-inflammatory spices that does good for you body. Completely plant-based!
An easy way to add anti-inflammatory properties to the food you eat is to add spices. In this soup you find turmeric, cinnamon and ginger which are said to have anti-inflammatory benefits. There are many studies that show positive effects.
An extra plus is that they taste so good! This soup was very much appreciated by our children, especially our little boy of 5 years.Print
Lentil & pumpkin soup with anti-inflammatory spices
- Servings : 4 1x
700 gr butternut pumpkin
500 gr sweet potatoes
2 yellow onions
Coconut oil to fry in
500 ml coconut milk
400 gr crushed tomatoes
1,5 tablespoons turmeric
1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
2 dl red lentils
2 tablespoons grated ginger
Salt & black pepper
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice the butternut squash and sweet potatoes.
- 2. Peel the onion and chop into small pieces.
- Fry the onion soft in plenty of coconut oil.
- Add the butternut and sweet potato pieces and fry with the onion.
- Pour in coconut milk, crushed tomatoes, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, red lentils, herb salt and black pepper.
- Let simmer until the pumpkin and lenses have softened.
- Add grated ginger and mix smoothly with a hand mixer.
- Pour in water if needed or to get the desired consistency.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the soup with creamy coconut cream, sesame seeds, coarsely ground black pepper and Thai basil.